Hey all! Hope your all well...
I was browsing through the mac website & was really inspired by this picture!
I would love to recreate both these makeup looks on a model with similar eyes because my eyes are not the right shape for this look. I tried it and didn't like it so decided to recreate the triple wings but put my own stamp on it by blending a matt brown into the crease and pairing it up with bright red lips.
The lipstick I used was Illamasqua ignite. I wasn't sure if I should go for a retro red lipstick (revlon really red) or a bright orange (illamasqua blaze). I went with ignite because its red with a orange undertone- so I used both colours!
This look was surprisingly very simple (well if you exclude the triple winged liner). If you can't do the triple liner but still love this look, I think it would still look beautiful with just winged liner and liner underneath the eyes, still have a shot at trying it out.
Sanna's top tips for perfect triple winged liner
- Use a really good brush! Pointed or angled or whatever you work best with really.
- You need a steady hand to achieve perfect liner so practise before hand- a good tip if you don't have a steady hand is to rest your elbow on a desk or book (something like that).
- Use a cotton bud to clean up your line, this will help you get that beautiful long and pointed shape.
- Use a kohl liner to trace your line first before going over it with your liquid or gel liner so you can prevent mistakes that are hard to get rid of
- Dont rush! Do one liner at a time and make sure you leave enough space in between to apply the white eyeshadow.
- Do your concealor/foundation around your eye area before hand, otherwise it will be really hard to apply it after when all the lines have been completed.
What do you think of this triple winged liner look? Will you be trying it out? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!