Tuesday 19 November 2013

Illamasqua perfect pout gift set and swatches

Hey guys!


Todays post is on a closer look at the Illamasqua perfect pout gift set. It's a limited edition set of 6 matte lipsticks and landed itself just before Christmas (perfect gift for a lipstick lover). The lipsticks retail at £16.50 each but you can grab the set for only £60 saving you £39. 


www.illamasqua.com
Lipsticks work out at £10 each! Exclusive to this set is 'Isis' a red with pink undertones. This set has the perfect 6 shades for any lipstick lover ranging from cool toned pinks, warm toned, rose, corals, red and purple. 

The set includes...
-Plunge (baby pink)
-Fable (soft medium pink)
-Scandal (coral pink)
-Over (coral)
-Isis (pink red) EXCLUSIVE to this set
-ESP (violet purple)


Picture taken with flash
Picture taken in natural daylight

Swatches


Picture taken in natural daylight
Plunge 'bright mauve pink'

Plunge in my opinion is a baby cool toned pink. If your a big fan of your pinks and you like the cool barbie tones- then this may be the perfect one for you to try out. It is a matte pink which means you can wear it matte, or you can layer a gloss on top for more intensity or try out different colour glosses on top to alter the colour. I think this colour would look awesome with a sheer purple gloss on top to add some colour which is how I would personally like to rock it (maybe something like Illamasqua tantrum). 


Fable 'bright rose pink'

I totally agree with Illamasqua on the description of this lipstick. Although the word 'bright' may put some people off, I would definitely say it isn't a in your face rose pink, bright but pretty and muted if that makes any sense at all! Love this colour to rock with any makeup look as it has that perfect in the middle tone.

Scandal 'warm coral pink'

This is a warmer pink shade with orange undertones. From my current lipstick collection this is the most unique colour in terms of corals as it is very warm and just in between pink and orange perfect for you guys who want to rock the orange but are very much into your comfort zone of pinks.

Over 'bright coral pink'

This colour is a gorgeous medium coral shade. I love that it isn't too light as most corals can be- it could work for all skin tones. This lipstick is also matte. I would wear it with a pop of a lighter gloss or concealor in the middle of my lips for an ombre effect (and to make them look fuller) or a tiny bit of a nice rose gloss on top for a satin finish lipstick.

Isis 'red pink' EXCLUSIVE to this set

Isis is very similar to a colour Illamasqua discontinued called 'Drench'. It is a red pink- Drench was more of a deep pink/red but I can see that Isis is the improved version. It is also matte and is definitely more of a red than a pink, you can see that the lipsticks has a pink undertone but would without a doubt be identified as a red rather than pink. I would rock this with a slick of liner, lashes and fierce brows for a pin up/fresh red lipped makeup look. This lipstick needs to be the centre of attention!

ESP 'vivid violet'

This lipstick colour is amazing! If your daring- you need to try it. I have owned this since the paranormal collection launched and loved it. Out of all the Illamasqua lipsticks I own, I do find this can go patchy if I don't apply a little balm on my lips to prime or lipliner so make sure you do that. It is a vibrant violet and I find it has some blue tones in it which really gives it that daring feel- it seems to be like a subtle frost finish rather than a flat matte colour.




Let me know what you think in the comments and what your fave shade is! You can find this set at www.illamasqua.com or Illamasqua stores worldwide

Don't forget if your on a budget but still looking for the perfect lipstick lover gift you can try the two toned lipstick bundle (£30 saving £3 online exclusive) or the pout perfection set (lipstick, lipbrush and lipliner £47.50).


9 comments:

  1. warm coral shade looks very nice.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to see one of your makeup with the ESP lipstick! ;)
    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *______* omg! I want them all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors are so bright and amazing! Love it

    Would love for you to check out my blog
    notanobession.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow love the super dramatic but very sweet colours! you look great in both light and dark colour lips! <3

    Check out my latest posts on the Blog and Happy Easter! :)
    AL xx
    RASSP | Coachella Style Inspo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much this post.

    http://www.facebook.com/naturallyforeverproducts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Post, Love Scandal & Isis.
    Rebecca x
    https://indianbeautyy.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts and questions here! I look foreward to reading them all and will reply as soon as I can. Be sure to leave your blog links if your a new follower so I can follow you back! Be sure to check me out on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @lookamillion xox Sanna