Tuesday 2 October 2012

Real Techniques Brushes Reveiw!

If any of you watch YouTube makeup tutorials (which I will be starting soon!) you must have heard of the famous duo also known as Pixiwoo.
Sisters, mothers and makeup artists Nicola and Samantha Chapman.


If you don't watch their tutorials you really should! They are so good at teaching makeup and can replicate a celebrity look exactly! I really enjoy watching them both and have been watching them for a really long time even before they were this big. They really have taught me a lot of different techniques of applying makeup and about the basics really, such as skin types, face and eye shapes.

Samantha Chapman launched the brushes Real techniques. Her brushes are amazing quality- at affordable prices. All her brushes provide high definition results and she has tutorials for every single brush to show you how to use it and get the best use out of it.

You can have a browse of all the brushes at www.realtechniques.com
What's even better is if your in the UK they are available in selected Boots  stores and recently I even saw them in Superdrug, so you can have a good look before you spend your pounds!

Out of Sams brushes I own; the core collection, blush brush and stippling brush

THE CORE COLLECTION


RRP- £20.99 for 4 brilliant brushes AND a stand/carry case you can't go wrong!


CLAIMS: 

Create a perfect canvas with this collection of coverage essentials:

    • detailer brush: precision cut to effortlessly conceal problem areas; or, use with lipstick for long-lasting shape and definition
    • pointed foundation brush: Use with liquid foundation to build custom coverage
    • buffing brush: ideal for full coverage application of powder and mineral foundation
    • contour brush: delicately applies highlighter to contour or create sheer, soft-focus finish
    • panoramic brush case is a 2-in-1 case + stand
  • look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
  • ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
  • extended aluminum handles are light and easy to use

I SAY:

 A brilliant set and lovely stand which is also great when drying your brushes

Detailer brush is great for lips (applying precise colour or blending lip colours together) or even eyeliner-I don't like this brush for concealor because its too small and stiff in my opinion

Pointed foundation brush, now.. let me warn you this is tiny for a foundation brush! However For large areas to conceal it is perfect or for cream blush!

Buffing brush, this brush is AMAZING! You will not regret purchasing this set with this brush in it. It is so soft and dense that it buffs your liquid or powder foundation in beautifully giving a perfect finish. I do prefer this brush with liquid foundation and love how it blends it into my skin so effortlessly and the brush makes it appear like I have hardly nothing on- even when I'm using full coverage foundation! This brush is so easy to use, you just pop your foundation either directly on your brush or on your face and then buff away! This skin is great for applying moisturiser too, because it really lets the product penetrate deep into your skin- but don't worry NO breakouts! Really can't say enough about it, if you have oily, dry, normal or any type of skin and want a pixel perfect finish (even if you don't want full coverage) then this brush is perfect for you.

Contour brush- perfect for contour, allows you to add your contour either naturally or heavily without giving you lines down your face because the brush is so soft and domed it does most of the work for you! I love that this brush is also quite dense- which means it gives you more control over the product you are applying and where you are applying it. For dramatic looks I also use this to contour my nose because of its small domed shape. Again, a really soft brush and a staple in applying my makeup. I NEVER use any other brush than this for contouring! This brush can also be used for highlight and because of its shape it applies it just where you want it so preventing you looking like a glitter ball or over highlighting (which looks wrong to be fair). 

STIPPLING BRUSH

RRP-£11.99- not bad compared to some of Macs prices that give the same effect!
CLAIMS
This dual-fiber brush is the trade secret for creating airbrushed, high-definition results with all types of makeup:
  • look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
  • ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
  • self-standing for easy storage
  • extended aluminum handle is light and easy to use

I SAY:


This brush is great for stippling on cream or liquid products such as cream blush, liquid or cream foundation. I love how this brush is pink because it looks so nice and feminine. This brush uses up more product that the buffing brush, the hairs on this brush are again really soft and this brush has not shredded on me yet (touch wood)...  I love that I can stand this brush up (like the buffing brush) and I can use it to stipple product on and then buff to give a more natural finish. The brush has a flat surface and this really comes in handy when we want to really press the product into our skin giving it a 'no makeup look'. Again this brush can be used for moisturiser and if your a makeup artist, its amazing on clients with really good skin because this brush allows more control over where we place the product. This brush is easy to clean too and remains to its shape- so we know it will last us!

BLUSH BRUSH


RRP- £9.99 for a brilliant powder brush!

CLAIMS

Contour and define cheeks for flawlessly blended, high-definition results:
  • look pixel-perfect even in harsh light
  • ultra-plush, synthetic taklon bristles are hand-cut and 100% cruelty-free
  • self-standing for easy storage
  • extended aluminum handle is light and easy to use

I SAY:


This brush in my opinion is a little too big for applying blush for me. If you have larger cheek space or cheekbones this will work great as a blush brush. I love using this brush for powder or powder foundation. The great thing is that because the brush is domed, it helps when applying your powder (because sometimes I only want to powder in certain areas) and this helps me achieve that. I use this brush in 2 ways; I swipe it across areas I powder to give me a natural more sheer finish, or i press the brush against my skin in dabbing motions to really press the product into my skin to give me better coverage or stop me getting oily. Its good for light contouring too- I can't imagine this brush for someone who likes heavy blusher or contour so a no no for you. Again a really soft brush, and love how its pink and can stand up on my makeup table when Im getting ready. 

Do you own any Real technique brushes? Leave your mini-reveiws in the comments below!


Love Always 


xxx


Sanna

1 comment:

Leave your thoughts and questions here! I look foreward to reading them all and will reply as soon as I can. Be sure to leave your blog links if your a new follower so I can follow you back! Be sure to check me out on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @lookamillion xox Sanna